Entering into Finished


Tonight is our regularly scheduled Psalm 19 Ministries Fellowship Meeting and I am speaking. So I thought I would just put a preview of what I have in my heart to present, and then follow up on it a bit in the next few days. So those of you who choose to read, can have some idea of what I have taught.

"Entering into Finished" is an unfolding from the Scriptures of three passages. First, let me explain what I mean by "unfolding." When the Lord in His graciousness, allows me to see and understand something in Scripture that I have not studied, nor read, then it is an "unfolding." It always just unfolds out of the Word. It is not gained by scholarship, however, if it is a true unfolding, then scholarship will support it and enhance the ability to explain the understanding. It is always out of the Word. It is not a product of a clever mind, or some mystical experience. It is the Word in dimension form. I will try to explain my understanding of that further in the coming days.

There are three passages that have caught my eyes and my heart. The first is Genesis 2: 1-2, "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the hosts of them. And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done " Here God rested because He was finished. The creation was complete and nothing needed to be added, so He rested. One of my Bible College teachers said "God rested because He was finished, not because He was tired."

The second passage is an obvious one. John 19:30 "When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, 'It is finished,' and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." Once again we hear "finished" knowing our Lord had many dimensions in mind, but the immediate one is the salvation of our souls. He had done all. Fellowship would now be possible from the Father's heart in my own -- all because He did the work and finished all that needed to be done.

The third passage is Hebrews 3:16-4:13. I will not try to write that one out for you. But do take the time to read it for your own enrichment. Our time tonight will be spent is the discovery of the by-products of "entering into finished." See what the Lord unfolds for you, and then check back for some of what we discovered.

Blessing your day in Him. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts