Call To Me

These wonderful words from our Heavenly Father to us are so very comforting. He tells us that if we will call to Him, He will answer and will tell us great and wonderful things we do not know. (Jeremiah 33:3 HCSB)

This verse lets us know there is more to prayer than form, or even my asking, seeking, or knocking. There is more to time with Him than what I know. There is more, always more. In this verse, He is very clear about His willingness to tell us things we do not know. In other words, more than the text, beyond the text, and into the person Jesus Christ. There is an essence of life that He so willingly longs to share with us as we commune with Him.

I love Scripture, and everything is through, in, and out of Scripture. I am reminded of a hymn from my childhood, "Beyond the sacred page I seek Thee Lord." The desire for fellowship will lead the believer to Him through the Word. The word can never be just a mental exercise -- not for the converted. For the curious, maybe. But for the fervent believer in Jesus Christ, even a casual reading of Scripture becomes an encounter with Him.

John 14: 21 The one who has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me. And the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father. I also will love him and will reveal Myself to him." WOW -- He will reveal Himself -- not just data -- not just information, but Himself. The action of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer, is the interactive agent who empowers all the revealing.

As we call to Him, He does answer, and He does tell us things we do not know. What an absolutely wonderful reason to spend time in prayer with Him.


Comments

Anonymous said…
There are many times in my daily life where He reveals Himself to me. More like His light is shining through me. When I don't know where to turn or what to do, I just stop and let the Holy Spirit take over.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.:)
Iris Godfrey said…
Hey Iris (Eph28:10)

Thank you for "dropping by" and for commenting.

God Bless,
Iris

Popular Posts