Wisdom

I took this picture earlier this fall as my husband and I took a small trip for our 45th wedding anniversary. This waterfall is beautiful. It reminds me of God's abundant wisdom--always available and flowing to whosoever will ask. James 1:5-6 "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given him. But he must ask in faith without doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind." WOW! That is just awesome.

I recently had a very difficult problem to tackle, and I had no idea how best to do it. If I did it one way, it looked like it would end in disaster, if I did it another -- same result. So I took my camera and went away by myself -- just me and my Lord -- and I was just very honest with Him about my need for wisdom in the situation. I wanted to bless all involved, not hurt anyone, yet I had to do what needed to be done. One of my friends' calls times like this "sticky steps." Well it really was just that.

Within an hour the Lord showed me just how to handle the situation. It was clear, yet I never would have thought of that. Indeed it was "wisdom." I knew He would come through for me, but He did so very beautifully that it almost made my head swim it was so precious.

So do you need to know wisdom in a situation? He is the one to talk with. He is so gracious and loving as He gently explains and shows us what to do. His wisdom is like this waterfall -- flowing preciously, full and for any who will ask in faith.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a lovely picture ~ and also the accompanying words :)

I'm so glad I 'stumbled' across your blog, Iris!
Violet N. said…
Beautiful picture - and thanks for the reminder about God's wisdom.
Iris Godfrey said…
Autumnrose,

I pray you keep "stumbling across" here. Bless you. I checked out your site -- it is very sweet.

Violet,

Hey, good to hear from you again. I check your site all the time and so enjoy your reviews,pictures, and thoughts.

Both of you bless me. Thanks for leaving a comment.
Iris
Anonymous said…
love your picture and your words. What a blessing. both!

Popular Posts