"He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of suffering who knew what sickness was.
He was like one people turned away from;
He was despised and we didn't value Him.
Yet He Himself bore our sicknesses,
and He carried our pains;
but we in turn regarded Him stricken,
struck down by God, and afflicted.
But He was pierced because of our transgressions,
crushed because of our iniquities;
punishment for our peace was on Him,
and we are healed by His wounds.
We all went astray like sheep;
we all have turned to our own way;
and the Lord has punished Him
for the iniquity of us all."
(Isaiah 53:3-6 Holman Christian Standard Version)
On the first day of the week Mary Magdaline came to the tomb early, while it was still dark. She saw that the stone had been removed from the tomb....
"Woman," Jesus said to her, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Supposing He was the gardener, she replied, "Sir, if you've removed Him, tell me where you've put Him, and I will take Him away."
Jesus said, "Mary."
(John 20:1 and 15-16 HCSV)
My heart overflows today with the awesome love our God has lavished upon us in and through Jesus Christ our Lord. Thank you Lord for all you have done for me -- especially for saving my soul and making me Your own!
He is risen!
My your resurrection morning celebration be rich in His beautiful, alive, presence!

Comments

Popular Posts