It Takes Us

"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:2-3 TNIV
"...in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." WOW! This is far, far more than we banked on in our general understanding of "personal relationship" and "personal Savior." I have no argument with these phrases, but so often the general understanding in our hearts is a very shallow, small  "fire insurance policy" that we put in a safety deposit box and go on about our lives. We do include church attendance and "involvement" in that body, but we seldom hear sermons about the mystery of God we have received. My heart longs to examine this more fully in my Lord.

In Him are "hidden" all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. That does not say they are easy to find, nor casually found. Just begin attached to Him does not reveal these items to us. Notice, these are found and known when we are encouraged in heart and united in love with others. In that environment revelation can begin and we become empowered to know what we have longed to know.

The knowing is not just mental, but goes through the deepest and most profound part of our beings as it begins to reverberate with Spirit flow in wisdom and knowledge - gifts and revealings from the God who knows all and holds all. I find it interesting that this wisdom and knowledge is released in an environment of sweet relationship in and with others. We often think it is dependent upon our private moments in our Lord. Well, some of the wisdom and knowledge are discovered there, but only when the soil of our hearts are settled and at peace - encouraged and flowing in love with others.


This is not quite as individualistic as I would prefer. Let me isolate, read, pray and study - then let me have these revelations out of the Word about Him. However, I am caught with the importance of community here. The soil environment of others and their love and relationship are all involved. No amount of my "seeking" and "trusting" and "becoming" all by myself will move me into being able to receive what the Lord has recorded here. Instead, you are needed as I walk in Him. You are to be loved and received. I am to live within a community of believers and walk in peace in them and they with me. I am bound to you eternally by the deep abiding love of Jesus our Lord and these mysteries He is talking about here are a matter of community flow, not just individual movement. I have to do some thinking and praying here. I bet you might also need to do some also.

This places a high priority on our unity of heart and movement in the peace of the Holy Spirit as we worship and serve Him - together. We literally cannot do this alone. It takes us.
 

Comments

Popular Posts