Deeper Koinonia

"Even as it is meet (right) for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace." Phil. 1:7


Paul continues to explain their bond in Christ. Here he gives to us what I call "the great leveler" in the Body of Christ. Whether he was in prison or active defending and confirming the good news of Jesus, they were "partakers" of his grace. In other words, they were sharing with him in whatever he was doing. He never did anything alone. No matter if it was an activity all would endorse, or simply "being" confined, they were with Him and participating in that with Him. The word "partakers" is this same word - Koinonia, which I wrote about yesterday. The prefix "sun" (here in English, but in Greek it works), tells us they were partaking together in these things.

What that means for us is the equal sharing in the fruit of the work done in the Body. Not all of us can do everything - but as we love, pray for and support those who do preach etc... we share together in the work and in the fruit of that work.

To me that is awesome! My prayer partners and supporters share in the fruit of what Psalm 19 does! We are partaking together of all God's goodness in this teaching ministry. It is never just one or two or a dozen or so. It is the entire body doing it together -- all those that love and support. So be encouraged, every person, church and ministry you pray for and financially support (we'll discover this aspect a bit later), you share in the fruit of their work. Glory! That is wonderful!

Comments

Popular Posts