The Key to Fruitfulness

"And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; that ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11 KJV
 As I reread this portion this morning,  it was suddenly very clear. The "key" to all in Christ Jesus is very simple. It is love. Not the distorted understanding of love that we often have, but the pure love of and in Jesus.

When I find I am not gaining in knowledge, it is love that is my key. When I do not exercise good discernment, it is love that is my key. When I find myself insincere and easily offended or offensive to others, it is love that is my key. If the fruit of my daily life does not shout the righteousness Jesus has given to me, it is love that is my key. This love is by, through and in Jesus Christ, it is love that is my key to bringing glory and praise to my God. The key is really simple and anyone who loves the Lord Jesus can immediately tap into all He has given and come up with a heart full of love, mercy and grace. I am reminded of His gift:
"Romans 5:5, "...and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given to us."
The Lord Jesus, in His ample provision for us, has already made certain that the very love of God has been "gushed" (literal meaning here) through out our hearts by the Holy Spirit. We already, as born from above people, have the ability to love with His love. So we can just tap into His provision and find our lives dominated by His love for ourselves and for others.

I am aware this makes it sound very simple, and on one hand it is. On another hand, allowing the gift of someone else to be our source, is probably one of the most difficult things we do. Yet, our gracious Lord Jesus and heavenly Father through the action of our birth through the Holy Spirit has provided our ability to function in His way. I continue to stand amazed! What an awesome Savior!

Another note: my daughter, Lauren Godfrey, has begun blogging. I think you might also enjoy her posts. Today she is sharing a recent experience with a goose that ended up giving her some real insight into the Lord's love and care of her. Go to: chariskaizoe.blogspot.com and enjoy.

Comments

Thomas B Clarke said…
While I have thoroughly enjoyed all the other posting on Philippians, this one goes over the top. It is a "suddenly" as Sister Iris states when we have the revelation of love as the center. Thank you for posting this.
Tom Clarke
Iris Godfrey said…
Thank you, Tom. You bless me to read. I am having fun, and learning at the same time. Blessings.

Popular Posts